About Walk for Epilepsy | Townsville
Epilepsy Queensland are excited to bring Walk for Epilepsy in-person to Townsville!! What a wonderful way to honour Queenslanders affected by epilepsy.
Join us for a walk from Strand Park, along The Strand and back, followed by family-friendly activities.
Where? Strand Park,
37-43 The Strand, North Ward, Townsville
When? Saturday 7 October, 2023
Pre-register for your free Epilepsy Queensland bandana.
Your registration gives you the optin to set up your own online fundraising page. Create a team to add a little competitive element to your fundraising.
Please read the Terms and Conditions for participating here.
Why you should fundraise
1 in 25 Australians will develop epilepsy in their lifetime. For many people, epilepsy can bring with it unique challenges, from frequent doctor’s visits, scans and tests to stigmatisation and isolation. We’re seeking to show our support for people living with epilepsy everywhere, and to raise vital funds to support those people through every stage of their journey.
Your support can make a real difference. Thank you for all that you do!
Check out the FREE Downloadable Resources towards the bottom of this page that will help with your fundraising.
Can't make it to our Townsville event?
Join us for the national virtual Walk for Epilepsy here.
Do it in style with a Walk for Epilepsy shirt!
Walk for Epilepsy shirts are available for purchase so you look the part while you're raising funds and awareness, plus a portion of each sale is donated to Epilepsy Queensland. Order your shirt through The Print Bar online today!
*Delivery t&cs apply
- Lee just registered for Walk for Epilepsy Townsville 2023
- Emma Collins just donated $26.38
- Emma just registered for Walk for Epilepsy Townsville 2023
- Lewis just donated $25.00
- Lewis just registered for Walk for Epilepsy Townsville 2023
- Robyn Broadley just donated $5.28
- Robyn just registered for Walk for Epilepsy Townsville 2023
- Ashleigh just registered for Walk for Epilepsy Townsville 2023
- Tahlea just registered for Walk for Epilepsy Townsville 2023
- Naomi just registered for Walk for Epilepsy Townsville 2023
- George just donated $25.00
- Cat just donated $26.38
- Jeremy just registered for Walk for Epilepsy Townsville 2023
- Catherine just registered for Walk for Epilepsy Townsville 2023
- Curtis just registered for Walk for Epilepsy Townsville 2023
- Lily just registered for Walk for Epilepsy Townsville 2023
- Eve just registered for Walk for Epilepsy Townsville 2023
- Leah just donated $26.38
- Linda just registered for Walk for Epilepsy Townsville 2023
- Anonymous just donated $25.00
Download your free resources here, including social media tiles,
email signatures, Epilepsy Queensland fundraising logos and more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to register to join Walk for Epilpesy Townsville?
While it is not a requirement to register, it really help us to be prepared if we know how many people are coming, so please register yourself and anyone coming with you.
Please note, the free Bandanas will be given to those that have registered, any leftovers will be given out adhoc.
Can I bring my dog or pet for the walk?
The walk takes place in a public space, please observe local council requirements to have pets leashed and be mindful of children who are scared of even the friendliest animals.
Can I ride my skateboard/rollerblades/scooter/bike?
Being a public space please follow the local council rules along The Strand. Please be mindful of walkers.
What time does the actual walk start?
3:30pm - 4:00pm Walk for Epilepsy registration / checkin
4:00pm - Walk for Epilepsy commences
I haven't received the t-shirt I ordered
T-shirts are ordered through The Print Bar, please email their team directly email@example.com
How do I edit my fundraising page?
Login to your page via the login button in the top right.
Once logged in this is also the drop-down menu to access and edit your:
page title, profile picture, fundraising target amount, plus add photos and blogs.
Are donations tax-deductible?
All donations of $2 or more are tax deductible in Australia
Can I listen to an iPod/headphone device?
We recommend you don’t, as you will need to be able to hear and follow instructions of event personnel and fellow runners.
Can I push a pram/stroller?
Yes definitely, prams and strollers are allowed.
What should I do if I feel unwell on course?
If you are unable to continue at any point along the walk, you should seek assistance from a event marshal who will get help for you as soon as possible. Do not continue if you feel unwell.
I need help with my fundraising
Fundraising can be a daunting task, but remember that you have the power to make a real difference! We've put together a list of tips and tricks for getting started, which you can find here!
Please also feel welcome to contact Lisa at Epilepsy Queensland on 07 3435 5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I connect activity tracking to my fundraising page?
You'll be able to track your distance automatically by using a Garmin or Strava account with your smartphone, rather than manually adding your walks through the profile dashboard.
Follow these steps to track your KMs automatically:
- Download the Garmint or Strava and set up your account
- Log in to your ‘Walk for Epilepsy’ profile page/account.
- Go to your dashboard, and then your 'My Fitness Activity' page.
- Under the heading ‘Connect your preferred Fitness app’, click your chosen app.
- Follow the prompts to connect your account
- When you next work out, select ‘start your workout’ in the app on your phone. Once you end your workout, save your workout and your distance will be published to the tally on your page the following day.
If you have synced your app already but it is not working, please log in and re-connect it.
What if I don’t have a smartphone or the app isn’t working?
No problem! You always have the option to manually add your kilometres.
- Log in to your Walk for Epilepsy account and select ‘My Fitness Activity’
- Under ‘Add activity’, enter the date and distance
- The number of kilometres will now appear on your fundraising page!
What do I wear?
Please wear comfortable clothing and enclosed shoes for walking. Please be sunsafe with a hat, clothing, sunscreen and bring bottled water.