Register your school to Make March Purple for epilepsy
An estimated 12,000 children in Queensland are currently living with epilepsy. For kids with epilepsy getting through the school day can be challenging. Not only can seizures impact on a child’s education but the side effects of anti-seizure medication can cause fatigue and changes in behaviour.
1 in every 200 Australian school children are living with epilepsy – so it is likely you already know a student with the condition.
How can you show kids with epilepsy that you care and Make March Purple for epilepsy?
- Turn your school purple for a day, a week or a month
- Register your school today to receive your FREE schools kit. Including, stickers, posters, balloons and a storybook for your library about a possum with epilepsy.
- You could host a morning tea, purple shirt day or crazy hair competition.
- Share your purple images on social media with #makemarchpurple #purpleday #epilepsyqueensland
- Or email us your images to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sell purple merchandise including cute cuddly toys!
** The first 25 schools to register will receive 10 pairs of purple shoe laces to give away!
Your registration will create an online fundraising page for your school, you can share this with your school community through email and social media keeping everyone up to date of your event plans, and also giving them an online place to donate directly to your fundraiser.
At the end of your event, you can donate any money raised by students directly to your online page.
Need some assistance or inspiration?
Not sure what to do? No problem call us on 1300 852 853 or email email@example.com